ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The department of Information Technology was started in the year 2001 during the inception of our college. The Department has well equipped Laboratories and highly committed Faculty members diversified areas of specialization. The Department has been motivating the Students to cope up with advancements in the field of Information Technology by arranging Industrial Visits and Special Lectures and by conducting National Conferences, Symposiums, etc. Thereby we share the mission and vision of our Institute in imparting technical skills with knowledge to students.
We make every decision to support the career and personal development of our students. Our curriculum, teaching and services demonstrate that we value the diverse profiles of our learners. VISION The vision of Information Technology department is to make the students recognized as an international leader in engineering education, research and application of knowledge to benefit society globally.
The department of Information Technology has specialized collections of computer science and information technology book apart from college library.
The department has highly qualified and experienced faculty members from well known institutes and universities. The faculty members constantly strive by frequently involving in research work and through industry-academic interaction.
Academic programmes and are assisted by Year wise coordinators (faculty-advisors) to ensure quality and effectiveness of the teaching-learning activities. Similarly there are coordinators for placement, alumni, time-table, CISCO and other activities.
The class-representatives, elected by the students themselves under the supervision of Year coordinators, play a active role in conduct of classes and ensuring good interaction among students and faculty. Some of the practices followed are:
- Continuous Assessment of Students Academic Progress.
- Strict Regulations on Students Attendance and Mannerism.
- Class committee Meetings by Students and Faculty
- Meet of Year Coordinators and Students – Class Representatives
- Students – Feedback on Course Delivery.
- Slow Learner are given special care.
SOCIETIES AND ASSOCIATIONS :
The faculty, technical staff and students have opportunities to associate with the following professional societies whose strong presence in the campus benefit them by giving an extra edge over their counterparts elsewhere in India:
- Computer Society of India (CSI)
- Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
- Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Two days Open source workshop for final years has been conducted to enhance the knowledge and practically worked on those tools.
- Android development workshop for two days conducted to third year students with hands on training
- In addition to the above, the students also provide with ample opportunities to enhance their creativity and develop wholesome personality.
- National Service Scheme,
- Youth Red Cross